Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add cross references (hyperlinks) to an eBundle?
Task: You want to add cross references to an eBundle. For example, you want to cross reference a statement to the supporting evidence or authorities. You want to start this exercise before all the documents are identified.
- Access the CaseLines website with your user name and password.
- Click on ‘Case List’ (near the top left of the window).
- Find the right case and click on ‘Go To Case’.
- Click on 'Index'.
- Find the document in which you will place the cross reference. Click on 'View'.
- Choose the document page in which you will place the cross reference (you can use the drop down of page numbers).
- Click on 'Hyperlink' (just above the displayed page).
- Click in the right hand margin of the page adjacent to the cross reference in the text.
- Click 'OK' to the question "Add a hyperlink to this page?".
- Choose "Document Page".
- Fill in a short description (max 10 characters) (for example "Ref One" or "---").
- Choose the Section, Document and Page Number for the target document (the page number is the internal page number for the target document).
- Click Save.
- On the next pagination of the eBundle the target pagination numbers is automatically updated for each hyperlink. Click on 'Bundle' to download the complete paginated bundle.