Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the access to a case?
Task: You want to change the type of access that a person has to the information on a particular case on the CaseLines website.
Note: Each person that can access a case on the CaseLines website has a set of permissions. These permissions determine the actions that the person can take within a case. For example, one of the permissions determines if a person can view documents in the case. Another permission allows a person to add documents to a case. Permissions can be changed (if you have permission to change access permissions). This note tells you how.
- Access the CaseLines website with your user name and password.
- Click on ‘Case List’ (near the top left of the window).
- Find the right case and click on ‘Go To Case’.
- Click on ‘People’ (In the list of options at the top of the white area on the right hand side).
- Choose the person for whom you want to change permissions and click on ‘Update Case Access’.
- Tick or un-tick the permissions. Hover your mouse over the green question marks to see a description of each item.
- Click on ‘Save’.