Frequently Asked Questions
How do I perform a word search on the documents in a case?
Task: You want to search for a particular word or phrase across all the documents in a case.
Note: CaseLines can search all the documents in a case for words or phrases. CaseLines looks for exact matches and partial matches. For example, a search for ‘smith’ will also return results for ‘smythe’ using the sounds like capability built into CaseLines.
- Access the CaseLines website with your user name and password.
- Click on ‘Case List’ (near the top left of the window).
- Find the right case and click on ‘Go To Case’.
- Click on ‘Search’ (In the list of options at the top of the white area on the right hand side).
- Type the word or phrase for which you would like to search.
- Click on ‘Search’
- Search results are shown below. Click on the name of a document to see the search results highlighted in that document.